Nutrition/WIC - Walla Walla
Nutrition/WIC - Walla Walla
Nutrition/WIC - Walla Walla
This is a great opportunity to join the Nutrition Services/WIC team in a top-tier healthcare organization! Whether you are a newly registered dietitian or an experienced professional looking for a full-time position, we would like to talk to you!
Our WIC Dietitians/Supervisors provide nutrition counseling for WIC participants and supervise WIC operations and staff at designated site(s). Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques, WIC Dietitians provide one-on-one and group counseling for high-risk WIC clients and develop individual care plans and follow-up for those participants. In addition, our WIC Dietitians provide breastfeeding education and support, and work closely with our Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Coordinator and Program to promote enhanced breastfeeding support.
This is a 40 hrs/week position. We offer competitive pay and generous benefits; relocation assistance available.
What we're looking for:
- A dietitian who's passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in a positive and professional manner.
What you'll do:
- Ascertain the assigned site(s) function efficiently and is/are in compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations, and in coordination with other clinic activities.
- Maintain caseload and production levels as specified at each site, assuring smooth clinic flow including serving clients in a timely manner is a meaningful aspect of this position.
- Supervise the WIC certifiers and provide medical nutrition therapy for high-risk WIC clients and clinic medical patients.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and oversees day-to-day WIC program operations in assigned clinic(s).
- Supervise WIC certifying staff, which includes managing WIC schedule, assuring smooth clinic flow and excellent customer service, providing technical assistance as needed, performing regular evaluations and coaching, promoting staff retention and reporting concerns to the Regional Manager.
- Communicate with health care providers on issues pertaining to client needs.
- Maintain assigned caseload and production level at specified site (s)
- Hires, orients and trains new certifying staff.
- Assure the assigned site(s) function efficiently and is/are in compliance with relevant state, federal and corporate regulations.
- Facilitate regularly occurring staff meetings, and conducts staff in-services on relevant topics as needed.
- Actively participate in RD team meetings and interdepartmental meetings, as well as community partnership meetings to discuss issues pertaining to WIC participant needs.
- Coordinate program outreach events and provides information about WIC services to health care providers and community partners to improve access, promote WIC participation and provide consistent nutrition and breastfeeding messages.
- Conduct quality assurance activities.
- Serve as a dietetic intern preceptor when applicable.
- Participate in continuing education activities related to nutrition, breastfeeding and supervision.
What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Pay differential for bilingual abilities.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: WA Dietitian positions: Registered Dietitian or be RD eligible. The RD exam needs to be passed within 547days (1.5 years) of hire.
- A current driver's license and proof of auto insurance liability.
- Medical Assistant-Registered within 1 year of employment; applied for within 10 days of employment.
- If going to bill for MSS, Certified Dietitian (or CD eligible and obtains within 90 days of receiving RD status).
- Be willing to and able to work around infants and children.
- Ability to work within time and budget restraint.
- Understand state and federal guidelines relating to the position.
- Experience: One year of work experience in WIC preferred, experience working with children, supervisory experience, and proficiency in using computers.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred; A passing score of 9 on the ALTA exam is required for bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
The Pacific Northwest
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity to enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. Eastern Washington and Oregon, shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high mountains, tend to be sunny and arid.
The two climates enable farms and orchards to produce a bounty of different fruits, berries and vegetables. And with 22 appellations, Washington and Oregon are also celebrated for their world-class wines. No matter where you live in the Pacific Northwest, you will be within an easy drive to a thriving metropolitan area, offering fine shopping, theatres, museums and galleries. The area also boasts progressive public and private schools and world-class universities.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/z1nZoocYEdBKHnEJhAM4O
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :