Family Medical Center
Family Medical Center
Family Medical Center
This is a great opportunity to work in our top-tier healthcare organization and gain experience in an innovative nutrition services model! Whether you are a newly registered dietitian or an experienced professional, we want to talk to you! Relocation allowance is available for this position.
In our medical clinics, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work side by side with medical and mental health providers to address the nutritional needs of primary care patients. As a Patient-Centered Medical Home, YVFWC equally values the contributions of all medical team members.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are located at all primary care sites and counsel patients of all ages with nutrition-related conditions (diabetes, cardiovascular disease, weight management, digestive issues, food allergies, etc.), as well as for preventative education (Well Child Checks, prenatal counseling, healthy families) and general nutrition questions and concerns.
The Primary Care Nutrition Services model utilizes Motivational Interviewing, and nutrition interventions are tailored to meet the individual's lifestyle and support their health goals in a judgment-free, sensitive, and supportive environment.
Our Primary Care RDNs are readily accessible in our clinics for warm handoffs from providers. They are proactive in identifying patients to drop in through reports and registries. Same-day access is available at no cost to any patient who has established care at our clinics.
If you want to join a team where your work is valued and truly matters, choose YVFWC!
What We Offer
- $3,000 sign-on bonus in first paycheck, $2,000 bonus at 12 months
- $28-$34/hour DOE with the ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates
- 100% employer-paid health insurance including medical, dental, vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine
- Profit sharing & 403(b) retirement plan available
- Generous PTO, 8 paid holidays, and much more!
- Relocation allowance available - ask for more details!
- Proactively identify patients to counsel through standard protocols
- Receive warm handoff referrals from the clinic medical team
- Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy and preventative education through Motivational Interviewing
- Document visits appropriately using standard protocols in Electronic Health Records
- Interact and collaborate with care team
- Participate in clinic and department meetings
- Collaborate with internal and external parties
- Participate in process improvement efforts
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, clinic manager, and other relevant parties
- Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or other relevant field
- One year of work experience in primary care, community/public health, or clinical setting preferred
- Experience working with patients of all ages
- Computer proficiency
- Registered Dietitian or registration eligible (must obtain RD credential within 180 days of hire).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Good communicator
Where we are located:
Joining YVFWC means you will benefit from living in the Pacific Northwest, where you can enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, crystal-clear lakes, and rivers. You can enjoy fine Northwest wines and a stunning selection of fruits and vegetables. You will also be within an easy drive to a growing metropolitan area, offering fine dining and shopping, theatres, museums, and elite universities.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has changed since we first opened in 1973. We've grown into one of Northwest's largest community health centers, with over 40 clinics in 18 communities across Washington and Oregon. We offer various services such as medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, nutritional counseling, autism screening, and behavioral health. Our holistic model also extends assistance to shelter, energy, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling, home visits, and mobile medical/dental clinics.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal-opportunity employment.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about this opportunity!
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :